I. Academic Preparation: Satisfactory completion of the academic preparatory program (composed of four courses) is required before starting the PhD program. Additionally, up to two courses could be taken from the PhD program during the Academic Preparation year.
II. Doctoral Program: The PhD in Curriculum and Instruction program is composed of 4 required credit-bearing courses, 4 restricted elective courses and 2 required non-credit courses. All designated courses (except the Thesis course) are to be completed within 4 semesters.
- Academic Advisor Nomination/Change Form
- Thesis Advisor Nomination/Agreement Form
- Thesis Advisor Nomination Form
- Change of Thesis Advisor Request Form
- 2nd Thesis Advisor Nomination Form
- PhD Thesis Topic Notification Form
IV. Thesis Monitoring Committee: After successful completion of the qualifying examination, a dissertation monitoring committee is formed within a month.
V. PhD Thesis Proposal: The student who successfully completes the qualifying examination stage is required to defend their thesis proposal before the Thesis Monitoring Committee within six months after the qualifying examination. The committee members are submitted a copy of the proposal two weeks before the oral defence.
- Permission to Conduct Research in MoNE schools: Procedures to Follow
- Application for Ethics Committee Approval
VII. Thesis Monitoring Committee Meetings: Once the proposal is accepted by the Theses Monitoring Committee, the committee convenes twice a year, between January and June, & July and December. The first meeting cannot be held earlier than three months, or later than six months, after the proposal is accepted. The time frame between two meetings cannot be shorter than 4 months.
- PhD Thesis Monitoring Procedures
- PhD Thesis Monitoring Committee Nomination Form
- PhD Thesis Monitoring Committee Report Form
- PhD Thesis Monitoring Progress Report Form (to be completed before by the candidate)
- PhD Thesis Monitoring Post Meeting Progress Report (to be completed by the advisor)
The student is required to send a progress report to the committee members a month before the meeting at the latest. The report includes a summary of work completed, and a plan for the next period meeting. A post-meeting report prepared by the advisor is sent to the GSE within two weeks after each meeting.
VIII. Publication: At least one manuscript (derived from the PhD thesis), which has been published or accepted for publication in a reputable journal recognized by the Office of Vice Rector for Academic Affairs, is required before the PhD Thesis Examination.
IX. PhD Thesis Examination: When considered ready by the advisor, a PhD Thesis examination process starts.
- Sample APA (7th ed.) Formatted PhD Thesis Entries
- PhD Thesis Examination Committee Nomination and Appointment Form
- PhD Thesis Examination Report Form
- PhD Thesis Submission, Examination & Exit Procedures
XI. Academic Integrity
XII. PhD Degree: The student who is considered successful after the PhD Thesis Examination, who meets formatting requirements, and who completes exit procedures is awarded the PhD degree.
XIII. Exit Procedures include the following:
- Thesis Database Submission and Permission Form
- Graduate Thesis Access Postponement Request Form (optional)
- CoHE-Thesis-Submission-Permission-Sample-Form (Örnek Tez Veri Giriş ve Yayımlama İzin Formu) To access online/Çevrimiçi ulaşmak için
- CoHE-Thesis-Submission-Access-Guidelines (Lisansüstü Tezlerin Elektronik Ortamda Toplanması, Düzenlenmesi ve Erişime Açılmasına İlişkin Yönerge)
- Requesting Termination of Enrolment
For exact procedures and details, please refer to the Graduate Studies Rules and Regulations