PART II: MAIN BODY (see Appendix 1)
- indent the first line of each paragraph of text 1.25 cm from the left margin. It is recommended that you press the Tab key, after you place the insertion point at the beginning of the paragraph you want to indent
- make sure font size and font type (Times New Roman, 12-point) are consistent throughout the text. It is possible to reduce the font size in tables, figures, and appendices, if deemed necessary.
- double-space all parts of the main text; leave no space between paragraphs, and before and after headings
- use the page-numbering function of your word-processing program to insert page numbers
- insert page numbers in the top right corner
- The text needs to be divided into two sections to have different page numbers or number formats. Roman numerals are used in the preliminary pages starting from numbering ‘Abstract’ with lower case ‘iii’. The title page counts as page ‘i’ but it is not numbered.
- The Main Body and the pages that follow use Arabic numerals consecutively starting at Chapter 1, and starting from number ‘1’, throughout the rest of the text.
- leave a space after each punctuation mark; make sure there is a full stop at the end of each sentence
- use Microsoft Word’s numbering feature to create numbered lists
- format headings after “each chapter” entry based on the format given in Appendix 2; no other formatting style is allowed
- set up Figures based on the example, and links, given in Appendix 3
- set up Tables based on the examples, and links, given in Appendix 4
- Note that the Tables that do not fit on one page are to be split; the same Table number and title given in each part; next to the title (cont’d) is written in parenthesis, e.g. Table 4 (cont’d)
- follow the principles of proper in-text citation (Appendix 5)